Most adults can identify the key components of a healthy lifestyle and can easily list various factors that contribute to personal health and wellness, yet many constantly struggle in applying that knowledge to their individual selves and are left wondering how they can rise to the challenge of leading a healthier life. Adult martial arts lessons provides the perfect solution for people looking to achieve those goals. The Colorado Taekwondo Institute offers programs specifically tailored for adult training and the benefits of participation are countless.
Taekwondo, unlike many other sports, truly is for all ages. Adults at all different fitness and skill levels join our school and quickly find it to be a great fit. Regardless the multitude of differences in individuals, everyone can find benefits in adult martial arts that extend far beyond learning traditional and effective self-defense techniques. Some of them are discussed below:
- Total body workout - The Colorado Taekwondo Institute features workouts that encompass all five components of health related fitness - cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition. We target all areas of body fitness allowing adults to improve various aspects of their physical health.
- Teaches discipline and focus - We typically associate the learning of focus and discipline with younger children, but adults have much to learn as well. In our modern world of constant distractions and chaos, they are two of the most valued character traits. We teach concentration through our repetition of movement, positive reinforcement, structural classes and rules, and challenging goals. The techniques you learn to better improve your focus and discipline can easily be transferred into your everyday lives.
- Increases self-confidence - Studies show a strong correlation between adults with a higher level of self-esteem and career advancement, success in relationships, and overall productivity. The adult martial arts program at the Colorado Taekwondo Institute continually encourages you throughout your training and teaches you various methods of facing your fear, limiting self-doubt, and building a positive self-assured attitude.
- Relieves stress - All adults experience stress on some level at some point and science has proven that high stress levels are linked to heart attack, heart disease, and stroke. Taekwondo offers a physical outlet for built up stress. In addition, CTI’s program emphasizes the development of skills to help you calm your nerves and positively direct your focus both inside and outside of class.
- Individualized training - We welcome students of all ages, backgrounds, and skill levels. Our instructors are dedicated to making your training a positive experience for you. They understand all students have a variety of strengths and weaknesses and are devoted to challenging you to your best. Students progress at their own pace and receive instruction designed to make them better as an individual martial artist.
- Fit for the whole family - More often than not, parents sit on the sidelines while their children are at practice. The Colorado Taekwondo Institute has an abundance of families currently enrolled. Not only do the martial arts reap many benefits for the children, but parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts can be there to experience it right along with them. They can provide support and understanding and serve as a fantastic motivation. Our taekwondo programs are ready with the ideal way of creating quality time between you and your family in a constructive and healthy way.
The above bullet points only touch on the numerous benefits our adult martial arts program harbors. The training is incredibly accessible and we hope you consider classes as your next fitness undertaking. You’ll experience the rewards immediately!